Amplifier may use carts, conveyors, and other means to handle picked items efficiently. Certain items are too large, heavy, and/or unwieldy to convey through our warehouse by the standard means.
Oversize Item Handling is a service that will automatically trigger based on the Item's Unit of Measure ("IUM") for each client product in a ready-to-ship state (excluding the shipping container itself).
Any product (or Carton or Inner Pack of products when treated as a single picked item) will be subject to the Oversize Item Handling Fee if any of the following criteria are met:
- any dimension (Length, Width or Height) is greater than or equal to 24 inches, or 70cm;
- weight greater than or equal to 30 lbs. or 13.6 Kg;
- the sum of Length + Width + Height is greater than or equal to 43 inches, or 109.2 cm.
- Amplifier already charges Make Ready and Packaging Fees for standard posters, prints, maps, etc. which often may have dimensions greater than 24" and generally ship rolled in tubes. Dedicated processes for these items help them still convey efficiently. No additional Oversize Item Handling Fees will be charged for these standard posters, prints, maps, etc.
- Amplifier further reserves the right to charge additional handling fees, subject to notifying Client, for especially large, heavy and/or unwieldy items (including extra large posters, thick rolled products such as welcome mats, etc.)